Saturday, April 11, 2009

Special Edition 4/11/09 - "A Message from A.R.M."

Tonight, it is my pleasure to bring you an Agon Tribune Special Edition.

Cherusker Pithbrew, who revolted against the Hyperion Kingdom in the city of Aradoth around 4/7/09, contacted the paper recently. He wished to have a manifesto published through the Tribune, and I have consented. As an impartial media outlet, the Tribune intends to publish all sides of the Darkfall saga--this includes providing a voice for those who otherwise would not have one, such as dissenters like Cherusker. It must be stressed that the Agon Tribune takes no sides in any conflict, and certainly does not take one here: we welcome sources from the Hyperion Kingdom to give their own account of the Aradoth revolt and their views on Cherusker. Now, without further ado, Cherusker Pithbrew the Agon Resistance Movement:
"People of Agon. I am Cherusker Pithbrew. Some of you have heard of me. Some of you have not.

For those who have not heard of me, I staged a coup against Hyperion, by temporarily liberating Aradoth from the Imperial clutches of The Hyperion Alliance.
I am just 1 man....and I did this. I put them on their ear for over 2.5 hours, single handedly.
You Need not suffer these people any longer. They are weak, they have proven it. They are braggards, and they resort of baseless ad hominium attacks for sake of slander, and discredidation. They are cowards. They rely on sheer number and intimidation. They will also not rest till they control the map.While superior numbers are a tactic, why join these people? Why Pay their Tax? Why subject yourself, and lower your standards of game play.

I care little for who controls what, but what I refuse to say or do, is swear my allegiance or loyalty, or practice commerce under the crown of an Imperialistic Aristocracy. I will not be strong armed. Your clan should not be strong armed. Do not believe any peace they offer you. Its only temporary, till they can amass more...it means nothing more than a Tasos "soon" (in terms of time tables).

I am not going to sit idlely by while this happens. The worst thing that good people can do in the face of tyranny is nothing.

All I offer is a chance. Just a chance. What you do with it, is entirely up to you. Do you support this with only words and empty promises? Well then, you are no better than those wind bags from Hyperion, and infact you are actually helping them.
...Or do you stand with me, and fight. You fight them in their towns, you fight them with 5 guys, or you fight them with 500. It does not matter.

To those who would side with them, or fight with them...for the sake of appeasement, you make yourself a target. Be Neutral with them if you like. IF you think that siding with them, will save your towns, or protect your harvestors, you are sorely mistaken.

So Hyperion, I am coming. I am coming not for your towns, but for your pride. (your towns are for the clans which you have usurped) I took a few of your leaders pride so easily before. I can and will, do it again, and all they can do is toss pedantic insults.

Death To King Manus, Free Yssam!
UP DA RA! (Revolutionary Army)"
This has been an Agon Tribune Special Edition.

See you in Agon,

Edmund Grain

agon.tribune@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Well, I've had to type this FOUR times since you don't allow anonymous posting, I've had to signup for Wordpress only to find out I need to be logged in to it before posting, and then I found I need a Wordpress BLOG, not just account. Very annoying.

    --

    I hope this is a one-off (and a disappointing one, at that). Please don't let this blog turn into a pulpit for people with personal greivances against a clan or alliance.

    In order to maintain supposed impartiality, you're now going to have to give Mannus an opportunity to respond. And of course Gluttony will want his soapbox after that, too.

    Please keep this blog to the news, rather than turning it into a Speaker's Corner. It'll quickly drop off my reader if it turns into the latter, as I can get my fill of self-deluded egotists by reading Clan Discussion in the official forums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of an 'Opinion' section to the blog.

    Its really important though that you make it very very clear the difference between your News articles and your Opinion ones (just like you did here)

    Maybe start each news post with NEWS: and each Opinion post with OPINION:

    Another good piece of advice would be to wait until you have a response from other sides of the argument before posting. Or at least give them time to respond and then add to the post XXXXXX was asked for a response to this Opinion piece but wasn't available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I don't understand the 'providing a voice for those who otherwise would not have one,' rationale. We ALL have a voice: the official forums. If I want to read posts like the above blog entry, I'll find them for a dime a dozen on the official forums.

    I want a DF news site that provides *news*--a place I can go to keep up on events without have to read through tons of self-serving propaganda trying to sway people for or against a clan. This blog entry is the exact opposite of what I'm looking for from a news site, and I hope it doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He did say he would publish all sides of the story.

    The Editor did not just take any yahoo claim, and entertain it. He took something which actually happened, proven, and from a credible source. It expresses the context of one of the belligerents, so therefor that makes it news.

    Facts:
    Cherusker did revolt
    He did tie up 2.5 hours of Hyperion's time trying to lock down Aradoth.
    Hyperion were in confusion and killed their allies.
    Cherusker is no longer part of Hyperion.
    Aradoth is no longer controlled by the clan it once was.
    (so please dispute this, tell me this is not fact.)

    Just because you do not agree with something stated, does not make it slant or biased.

    Letters to the editor are quite common. The creator of this is not just catering to one side.

    There are plenty of other things to read.
    Now you can either contribute your stuff, or what you know, and hope that you have concrete facts to back it up or you can read what other people submit.

    ReplyDelete